UnitedHealthcare is grateful for the opportunity to once again serve as the presenting sponsor of the Connecticut Masters’ Games.
Health is one of the greatest assets a person can have, which is why UnitedHealthcare designs its Medicare plans to support its members’ access to the health care they need while empowering them to act as their own health advocates. It’s also why the company has supported the Connecticut Masters’ Games since 2013.
UnitedHealthcare is committed to helping people live healthier lives and supporting the health of communities throughout Connecticut. In 2016, UnitedHealth Group donated nearly $1.5 million to Connecticut community programs, not including national programs with local impact. UnitedHealthcare employees in Connecticut recorded more than 32,000 hours in volunteer time in 2016.
In 2016, UnitedHealthcare worked with organizations including Achieve Hartford, the American Heart Association, the Boys & Girls Club of Hartford, the Governors Prevention Partnership, the Greater Hartford Arts Council, Hartford Marathon Foundation, Partnership for Strong Communities, Stamford Hospital, Village for Families and Children and Yale University.
UnitedHealthcare offers the full spectrum of health benefit programs for individuals, employers and Medicare and Medicaid beneficiaries. The company employs nearly 4,500 individuals and serves more than 500,000 people in Connecticut, including more than 190,000 Medicare beneficiaries enrolled in the Medicare Advantage, Part D prescription drug and Medicare supplement plans the company offers in the state. UnitedHealthcare is the largest business dedicated to the health and well-being needs of seniors and other Medicare beneficiaries, serving 11.2 million – or one in five – beneficiaries through its portfolio of Medicare plans
About Connecticut Masters’ Games
- Who: Since the inception of the “Games” in 1979, more than 50,000 master and senior amateur athletes have participated. The Connecticut Masters' Games is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization dedicated to providing a forum that initiates and encourages camaraderie through athletic competition and the Olympic spirit. The event assists in maintaining a healthy lifestyle and promotes positive activities for the participants, their families and the communities where they live.
- What: The Connecticut Masters' Games (formerly known as the Connecticut Senior Games) is the largest masters amateur multi sport Olympic-style sporting event in Connecticut for athletes ages 30 through 90+. The “Games” are now in their 38th year of uniting Connecticut’s residents in the common bond of amateur sport and the Olympic spirit. This event is recognized by the US Olympic Committee and the Connecticut Masters' Games is a member in good standing of the National Senior Games Association and the official Senior Games of the State of Connecticut. .
- Where: The “Games” will be hosted by the City of New Britain in 2017. Competitions will also take place around the state at top college, high school and municipal venues.
- When: March 31, April 1, 8, 9, May 20, 21 and June 3, 4, 5, and 6, 2017.
- Participants: More than 1,700+ participants, 300+ volunteers and 2,500 spectators will take part in the 2017 Connecticut Masters' Games representing over 20 different states throughout the United States. Participants range from 30 to 90+ years of age.
For more information about the “Games,” please contact our office: (Tel) 860-788-7041