5K & 10K Road Race
2020 UConn Health Half Marathon - 5K
- Date: Saturday, June 6th
- Location: Due to the current situation regarding COVID-19 the race will now be virtual race follow the link below for more information.
2020 Old Wethersfield - 10K
- Date: Sunday, August 23rd
- Location: Cove Park, Wethersfield
Who: The Connecticut Masters’ Games is a 501(c)(3) Not-For-Profit organization dedicated to providing a forum that initiates and encourages camaraderie between different ages, socioeconomic and cultural groups through athletic competition and the Olympic spirit. The event assists in the development of physical fitness and promotes positive healthy activities for the participants, their families and the communities where they live.
What: The Connecticut Masters’ Games (formerly known as the Connecticut Senior Games) are the largest amateur multi sport Olympic-style sporting event in Connecticut for master athletes. We are now celebrating our 41st year of uniting Connecticut’s residents in the common bond of amateur sport and Olympic spirit. This event is a member in good standing of the National Senior Games Association.
Where: The “Games” will be hosted by the City of New Britain in 2020. Competitions will also take place around the state of Connecticut at top college, high school and municipal venues.
Participants: More than 1,500 participants, 300 volunteers and over 2,500 spectators will take part in the 2020 Connecticut Masters’ Games. Participants range from 30 to 90+. Since the inception of the CT Masters' Games in 1979, more than 42,000 amateur master athletes have participated in the “Games”.
MISSION OF THE "GAMES”
- To promote better overall health and fitness among citizens.
- To recognize & reward Connecticut Master and Senior residents who have chosen to participate in the healthy, wholesome activities that reflect positively on them, their families and respective communities.
- To provide a unique forum which embodies the Olympic spirit of competition.
- To inspire the development of physical and competitive abilities by Connecticut amateur master athletes.
***NEW CT Masters' Games Age Groups (non-qualifying for the National Senior Games)
- 30-39, 40-49
Age Groups (qualifying area divisions for the National Senior Games)
- 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80-84, 85-89, 90-94
- 5K - UConn Health Half Marathon
- 10K - Old Wethersfield