About CarePartners of Connecticut
Tufts Health Plan, one of the country’s highest rated nonprofit health plans, and Hartford HealthCare, Connecticut’s most comprehensive health system, are forming a company to be known as CarePartners of Connecticut, a new health plan for eligible individuals in Connecticut.* This is the first collaboration of its kind in Connecticut. Eligible residents of Connecticut will now have a new choice for health insurance coverage.* CarePartners of Connecticut combines the strengths of two organizations recognized for high quality with the common mission to improve the health and wellness of their communities.Programs to increase access to care and improve the coordination of care for those who need it most will be developed collaboratively by Hartford HealthCare and Tufts Health Plan. A statewide network of Connecticut providers is being established to provide services to enrollees.
About Tufts Health Plan
With headquarters in Watertown, Massachusetts, Tufts Health Plan touches the lives of more than 1.2 million members in Massachusetts, Rhode Island and New Hampshire.Tufts Health Plan strives to set the standard for outstanding quality health care, service, and value. A nonprofit organization founded in 1979, Tufts Health Plan is nationally recognized for its commitment to providing innovative, high-quality health care coverage. The plan offers members and employers an array of health management programs, which support evidence-based approaches to health and wellness.
Tufts Health Plan is a leader in advancing public policy discussions on several issues: prevention and wellness, affordability, and removing obstacles to accessibility.
About Hartford HealthCare
Hartford HealthCare (HHC) is a fully integrated health system which includes quaternary care, a tertiary-care teaching hospital, an acute-care community teaching hospital, an acute-care hospital and trauma center, two community hospitals, the state’s most extensive behavioral health network, a large multispecialty physician group, a regional home care system, an array of senior care services, a large physical therapy and rehabilitation network, and an accountable care organization. The Hartford HealthCare Cancer Institute provides coordinated care across five cancer centers, and is the charter member of the Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Alliance.
Learn more at; https://www.carepartnersct.com/
MISSION OF THE "GAMES": “Celebrating Master and Senior Athletes”
- To promote better overall health and fitness among master and senior citizens.
- To recognize & reward Master and Senior amateur athletes who have chosen to participate in healthy, wholesome activity that reflect positively on them, their families and respective communities.
- To provide a unique forum which embodies the Olympic spirit of competition.
- To inspire the development of physical and competitive abilities of master and senior amateur athletes.
The CT Masters’ Games, through the venue of competitive sports, seek to contribute positively to the physical, mental and emotional growth of our master and senior athletes. We believe that participation in athletics provides opportunities to strengthen the qualities of leadership, hard work, self-confidence and mental and physical toughness. Competitive athletics lays the foundation for positive lifelong habits that contribute to a healthy life style and teaches team work, sportsmanship and respect for others. The CT Masters’ Games include participants from all religious, racial and socio-economic groups contributing to a truly unique event.
MORE THAN JUST A GAME: Personal Development, Sportmanship, Physical Fitness, Teamwork, Volunteerism, Friendship
- Who: Since the inception of the “Games” in 1979, more than 60,000 master and senior amateur athletes have participated. The Connecticut Masters' Games is a Division of the CT Sports Management Group, Inc. a 501(c) (3) not-for-profit organization dedicated to providing a forum that initiates and encourages camaraderie through athletic competition and the Olympic spirit. The event assists in maintaining a healthy lifestyle and promotes positive activities for the participants, their families and the communities where they live.
- What: The Connecticut Masters' Games (formerly known as the Connecticut Senior Games) is the largest masters amateur multi-sport Olympic-style sporting event in Connecticut for athletes ages 30 through 90+. The “Games” are now in their 40th year of uniting Connecticut’s residents in the common bond of amateur sport and the Olympic spirit. This event is recognized by the US Olympic Committee and the National Senior Games Association as the Official State Senior Games of the State of Connecticut.
- Where: The “Games” will be hosted by the City of New Britain in 2019. Competitions will also take place around the state at top college, high school and municipal venues.
- When: Sport Offerings will be held in March, April, May & June in 2019.
- Participants: More than 1,700+ participants, 300+ volunteers and 2,500 spectators will take part in the 2019 Connecticut Masters' Games representing over 26 different states throughout the United States and Canada. Participants range from 30 to 90+ years of age.