2019 Pickleball Tournament
The Schedule (Game Day Start Times) is NOW Posted for the Connecticut Masters Games. Please click on the "Pickleball Brackets" Logo below to be directed to the schedule.
The tournament will be held on May 17th - 19th at Wesleyan University in Middletown, CT. The Pickleball Tournament will be Directed by Janice Pauly. The CT Masters Games is a Skill Level / Age Group Tournament.
Schedule of Play:
- Thursday, May 16th - Open Practice, 4:00pm - 6:30pm
- Friday, May 17th - Womens Doubles, Mens Singles
- Saturday, May 18th -Mixed Doubles
- Sunday, May 19th - Mens Doubles, Womens Singles
- Plan to arrive at least 45 minutes before your start time.
- All start times are estimates except for the first round of play each day.
- If courts and all players are available, games may begin before the estimated start times.
- REGISTRATION DEADLINE - Monday, April 29th
The Connecticut Sports Management Group presents the CT Masters' Games Skill Level/Age Group Pickleball Tournament.
Age groups are 30-39, 40-49 and 5 year divisions starting at age 50.
Skill levels are 3.0 and under, 3.5, and 4.0+. USAPA members with an official skill level rating, must register for that level or higher.
- Depending on the number of registrants the 4.5 skill level group may be added to any event to accomodate higher level players.
******** SIGN UP BY SKILL LEVEL ********
- Skill level groups will be split by age group to create competition events.
- A team must play at the skill level of the higher rated player and the age of the younger player.
- Groups may be combined at the discretion of the tournament director. Medals will be awarded by the competitive event.
- The tournament format is round robin for events with a small number of teams. For events with more than 10 teams, teams will be divided into two pools and the top two teams in each pool will advance to a playoff round to determine medal winners.
The tournament is limited to 300 players. Registration will automatically close when that number is reached. Register early and encourage your partner to register early to guarantee your spot.
- Thursday, May 16th – 4:00 PM to 6:30 PM, Open Practice,
- $6 per player payable at the entrance, cash or check.
- Friday, May 17th- Womens Doubles, Mens Singles
- Saturday, May 18th – Mixed Doubles
- Sunday, May 19th -Mens Doubles, Womens Singles
Tournament results will be sent to the USAPA for inclusion in USAPA Tournament Player Ratings. *Pending the release of data upload rules and procedures by the USAPA
General Information for Players
- NO NEON (Yellow or Green) clothing will be permitted during the Pickleball Tournament.
- Sign in for each day of the pickleball tournament in the lobby at the tournament desk.
- Plan to arrive at least 45 minutes before your scheduled start time. All start times are estimates except for the first round of play each day. If courts and all players are available, games may begin before the estimated start times.
- Tables and chairs will be available outside of the field house for relaxing and lunch. No food or drinks other than water are permitted in the field house.
- Volunteers. We will need volunteer referees for the medal round games for all championship events and for any other games where players request a referee. We have 14 courts to set up in the field house.
- Bathrooms will be available for changing.
***NEW CT Masters' Games Age Groups (non-qualifying for the National Senior Games)
- 30-39, 40-49
Age Groups (qualifying age divisions for the National Senior Games)
- 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80-84, 85-89, 90-94
- Age divisions for all doubles competitions will be determined by the age of the youngest participant as of December 31, 2019. For example, a doubles team consisting of one player age 65 or older and one player age 63 will compete in the 60+ age division.
- Men's & Women's Singles
- Men's & Women's Doubles
- Mixed Doubles
- Age Divisions for all doubles and mixed doubles competition wil be determined by the younger age of the two players as of December 31, 2019.
- Athletes may compete with only one partner per event (doubles & mixed doubles)
Registration is online through PickleballBrackets.com website only.
- The registration fee is $50 for up to two events and $10 for an additional event.
- Registration opens on 1/7/19 for the 2019 "Games".
- There will be a practice session on Thursday, May 16th from 4:00 PM to 6:30 PM. A $6 per person fee for the session can be paid at registration.
- For a guaranteed spot in the tournament in doubles and mixed doubles, the second partner will have two days to register after the first partner signs up. If the second partner does not register within that time limit, the team will be moved to the waiting list. Once the second partner registers, the team will be moved back into the event if there are still openings available.
- The tournament is limited to 300 players. Registration will automatically close when that number is reached. Register early and encourage your partner to register early to guarantee your spot.
- No refunds for withdrawals from an event.
- Refunds minus a $10 processing fee for withdrawals from the tournament up through April 28, 2019.
- No refunds for withdrawals from the tournament after April 28, 2019
Thurs., May 16thth - Open Practice
- There will be a practice session on Thursday, May 16th from 4:00 PM to 6:30 PM.
- A $6 per person fee for the session can be paid at registration.
- Spouses and friends of players are welcome.
Practice Session Player Rotation When Courts are Full
- Place your paddle next in line on the first row of the bleachers. (or the table if that is what we use)
- Those who want to play together may stack their paddles.
- Single paddles will be able to bypass a stack to create a playing group of four if necessary.
- Games will be played to 11.
- Leave the court when you are finished.
- Courts will be filled by the supervisors in order of paddles.
- Please respond promptly when your game is called.
- Once your paddle is placed, you may not move it up or down in line. You may move it to the end.
Looking for a doubles or mixed doubles partner, click here to find a partner today!
- The Partner Finder page allows you to create an online profile to assist you in finding a partner and allows you to view players looking for partners.
- We ask all participants to use the Partner Finder page when looking for a partner
- We kindly ask that you don't contact the tournament director for a partner. Thank you.
In 2019 the CT Sports Management Group, Inc. will be running three separate Pickleball Tournaments: the CT Masters' Games, Nutmeg State Games and Nutmeg Fall Classic. We will attract over 1,000 participants plus family members, friends, spectators and the media to the three tournament. We expect players from all over the Northeast Region and other states to attend. The increase in popularity and the growth of Pickleball throughout the USA creates a tremendous opportunity for your company to showcase its products.
- CT Masters' Games
- May 16th - 19th.
- Welseyan University, 16 Courts.
- Attendance Approximation: 325+ Participants.
- Webpage: http://ctmastersgames.org/individual-sports/pickleball/
- Nutmeg State Games
- June 20th - 23rd
- Wesleyan University. 16 Courts
- Attendance Approximation: 325+ Participants. Qualifier for the 2019 & 2021 State Games of America.
- Webpage: http://nutmegstategames.org/individual-sports/pickleball/
- Nutmeg Fall Classic
- October 4th & 5th
- North Haven Health & Racquet
- Attendance Approximation: 325+ Participants.
- Webpage: https://csmg.org/our-events/nutmeg-fall-classic-pickleball
How Your Support is Mutually Beneficial:
MORE THAN JUST A GAME: Personal Development, Sportsmanship, Physical Fitness, Teamwork, Volunteerism.
Your sponsorship support will ensure that we provide our participants with a tremendous experience that will leave lasting memories, increase the opportunities and growth of Pickleball, while educating attendees about your company through pertinent email marketing campaigns, web based ads and onsite engagement. Your organization has the opportunity to gain substantial visibility by becoming a part of our "Family of Sponsors".
Click on the icon below to Download the Sponsorship Opoortunities Package:
Who: The Connecticut Masters’ Games is a 501(c)(3) Not-For-Profit organization dedicated to providing a forum that initiates and encourages camaraderie between different ages, socioeconomic and cultural groups through athletic competition and the Olympic spirit. The event assists in the development of physical fitness and promotes positive healthy activities for the participants, their families and the communities where they live.
What: The Connecticut Masters’ Games (formerly known as the Connecticut Senior Games) are the largest amateur multi sport Olympic-style sporting event in Connecticut for master athletes. We are now celebrating our 39th year of uniting Connecticut’s residents in the common bond of amateur sport and Olympic spirit. This event is a member in good standing of the National Senior Games Association.
Where: The “Games” will be hosted by the City of New Britain in 2019. Competitions will also take place around the state of Connecticut at top college, high school and municipal venues.
Participants: More than 1,500 participants, 300 volunteers and over 2,500 spectators will take part in the 2019 Connecticut Masters’ Games. Participants range from 30 to 90+. Since the inception of the CT Masters' Games in 1979, more than 45,000 amateur master athletes have participated in the “Games”.
MISSION OF THE "GAMES”
- To promote better overall health and fitness among citizens.
- To recognize & reward Connecticut Master and Senior residents who have chosen to participate in the healthy, wholesome activities that reflect positively on them, their families and respective communities.
- To provide a unique forum which embodies the Olympic spirit of competition.
- To inspire the development of physical and competitive abilities by Connecticut amateur master athletes.