2021 Women's Softball Tournament
The Schedule is Now Posted Online for the 50+ & 60+ Division. Please see the Schedule section on the Right-Hand side of the wepage to download.
VIP - All participants will need to complete a COVID Waiver to be eligible to particpate in the CT Masters Games.
Please click on the icon to download the waiver.
Print the waiver in advance, sign & bring with you to the event
- Tournament Date:Saturday, May 22nd.
- All Age Divisions (50+, 55+, 60+, 65+, 70+) will play on 5/22/21
- Smith Field (Moddy School) - 2 Fields
- 300 Country Club Rd Middletown, CT 06457
- Smith Field (Moddy School) - 2 Fields
- Entry Fee: $425.00 per team - Multi-team discounts available
Top three finishers in each age division will qualify for the 2022 National Senior Games
- Women's 50+ Division:
- CT Chaos (CT), CT Crush (CT), Magic STuff Fossils,
- Women's 60+ Division:
- CT Thunder (CT),Nor'easters, CT Lightning (CT),
The CT Sports Management Group, Inc. welcomes you to the 2021 CT Masters Games Women’s Softball Tournament. The tournament will take place on Saturday, May 22nd at Moody School – Smith Fields located at: 300 Country Club Rd Middletown, CT 06457
This event will be complying with all local regulations and any additional public health notices in place at the time of the event, including recommendations from USA Softball.
Below is our health and safety plan for the event with specific instructions for athletes, officials and spectators.
- It is required that athletes wear a face coverings when not competing.
- Due to safety concerns for potential injury, athletes may remove their face covering while actively competing in their events.
- Immediately upon conclusion of actively competing, it is required that athlete puts their face covering back on.
- Spectators are requested to bring their own chairs and maintain social distancing.
- Social distancing of at least six feet must be maintained at all times. No hugging, shaking hands, or fist bumps for support/encouragement.
- Anyone that is not feeling well, suffers from chronic or immunocompromised conditions or has experienced any COVID-19 symptoms (coughing, shortness of breath, fever, etc.) in the past ten days should not attend the event.
- Anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19 within the last fourteen days must produce written clearance to participate from a physician that confirms a COVID-19 negative status.
- Please Note: information and recommendations during the pandemic are very fluid and are subject to change prior to the start date of the tournament.
Specific Game Guidelines
- Teams should not enter dugout until the other team exits and staff has sanitized the team benches.
- Teams (Individual Players) are to supply their own water. None will be provided.
- No huddles, please try and maintain social distancing.
We look forward to a fun and safe event!
- The Womens Tournament will be conducted in accordance with USA Softball rules, except as modified herein.
- Age groups may be combined to provide opportunity for play.
- Awards will be presented for 1st through 3rd place for each division within each age group.
- Team rosters shall be limited to 22 persons, including non-playing coaches, non-playing captains and non-playing personnel. No more than 20 of these persons may be players.
The team manager must check-in with tournament staff prior to taking the field. The check in area is located near Field 1 at each park.
Teams are responsible for chasing their own foul balls and home run balls.
Tournament staff will have official game cards near the backstop of each field. At the conclusion of each game, managers must verify the final score and sign the game card. These cards will be used for seeding purposes.
Game schedules have been sent to all managers. Teams should be present and ready to play 30 minutes prior to scheduled start time. Changes (if any) will be posted at the main bracket board, near Field 1.
All play / no play decisions are made at the park- at game time. We will not cancel games based on forecast. Phone calls will be made to managers only if there is a delay of 2+ hours. If you do not hear from the tournament staff, your team should be at the park.
Moody School, Middletown
Address: 300 Country Club Rd, Middletown, CT 06457
Smith Field @Moody
Field Type: Regular Grass Field – We recommend normal molded cleats. Both fields have fences, only field 1 (closest to the school) has lights.
Dugout Type: We recommend teams bring tents as these are non-covered dugouts.
Parking: The parking is located next to the school, above the fields.
Food + Drink: You may bring your own food/drink into the park. No alcoholic beverages, the park is on school grounds.
Pets: Pets are allowed with a leash.
Bathrooms: They are located in the building behind field 2
Seating: Small bleachers at both fields. There is space surrounding both fields where you can set up tents and chairs.
Please follow the registration instructions below:
- Register and pay for your team through the CT Masters' Games online registration system.
- ONLINE Registration will Open in Late March
- Registration Deadline: Friday, May 14th
- CT is an OPEN State. Out of State teams and participants are welcome to participate subject to State COVID Guidelines
Teams will be required to submit the following paperwork:
- Captain / Team Manager Form
- Team Roster
- Waiver for each player on the roster
***NEW CT Masters' Games Age Groups (non-qualifying for the National Senior Games)
- 30-39, 40-49
Age Groups (qualifying age divisions for the National Senior Games)
- 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80-84, 85-89, 90+
- Age division for all team competition will be determined by the age of the youngest team player as of December 31, 2021. For example, a team consisting of eight players ages 65 or older and one player age 63 will compete in the 60+ age division