2020 Pickleball Tournament
We are proud to announce that the Connecticut Masters Games will be offering its Annual Pickleball Tournament this May 15th-17th at the Rocky Hill Tennis & Fitness Center. The Pickleball Tournament will be Directed by Janice Pauly. The Ct Masters' Games is a Skill Level / Age Group Tournament and a qualifier for the 2021 National Senior Games. Registration will open on 1/20/20 on the PickleballBrackets.com website.
Schedule of Play:
- Friday, May 15th - Womens Doubles, Mens Singles
- Saturday, May 16th -Mixed Doubles
- Sunday, May 17th - Mens Doubles, Womens Singles
- Plan to arrive at least 45 minutes before your start time.
- All start times are estimates except for the first round of play each day.
- If courts and all players are available, games may begin before the estimated start times.
- REGISTRATION DEADLINE - April 30th
The Connecticut Sports Management Group presents the CT Masters' Games Skill Level/Age Group Pickleball Tournament.
Age divisions are 30-39, 40-49 and 5 year divisions starting at age 50.
******** SIGN UP BY SKILL LEVEL / AGE GROUP ********
- Sign up by skill level / age group
- A team must play at the skill level of the higher rated player and the age of the younger player.
- Groups may be combined at the discretion of the tournament director. Medals will be awarded by the competitive event.
- The tournament format is round robin for events with a small number of teams. For events with more than 10 team or more, teams will be divided into two pools and the top two teams in each pool will advance to a playoff round to determine medal winners.
The tournament is limited to 450 players. Registration will automatically close when that number is reached. Register early and encourage your partner to register early to guarantee your spot.
- Friday, May 15th- Womens Doubles, Mens Singles
- Saturday, May 16th – Mixed Doubles
- Sunday, May 17th -Mens Doubles, Womens Singles
Tournament results will be sent to the USAPA for inclusion in USAPA Tournament Player Ratings.
General Information for Players
- NO NEON (Yellow or Green) clothing will be permitted during the Pickleball Tournament.
- Sign in for each day of the pickleball tournament in the lobby at the tournament desk.
- Plan to arrive at least 45 minutes before your scheduled start time. All start times are estimates except for the first round of play each day. If courts and all players are available, games may begin before the estimated start times.
- Locker rooms will be available for changing.
Registration is online through PickleballBrackets.com website only.
- Registration opens on 1/20/20 for the 2020 "Games".
- For a guaranteed spot in the tournament in doubles and mixed doubles, the second partner will have two days to register after the first partner signs up. If the second partner does not register within that time limit, the team will be moved to the waiting list. Once the second partner registers, the team will be moved back into the event if there are still openings available.
- The tournament is limited to 450 players. Registration will automatically close when that number is reached. Register early and encourage your partner to register early to guarantee your spot.
- No refunds for withdrawals from an event.
- Refunds minus a $10 processing fee for withdrawals from the tournament up through April 30, 2020.
- No refunds for withdrawals from the tournament after April 30, 2020
In 2020 the CT Sports Management Group, Inc. will be running three separate Pickleball Tournaments: the CT Masters' Games, Nutmeg State Games and Nutmeg Fall Classic. We will attract over 1,200 participants plus family members, friends, spectators and the media to the three tournament. We expect players from all over the Northeast Region and other states to attend. The increase in popularity and the growth of Pickleball throughout the USA creates a tremendous opportunity for your company to showcase its products.
- CT Masters' Games
- May 15th - 17th.
- The Tennis & Fitness Center of Rocky Hill.
- Attendance Approximation: 450+ Participants. Qualifier for the 2021 National Senior Games
- Webpage: http://ctmastersgames.org/individual-sports/pickleball/
- Nutmeg State Games
- June 26th - 28th
- The Tennis & Fitness Center of Rocky Hill
- Attendance Approximation: 400+ Participants. Qualifier for the 2021 State Games of America.
- Webpage: http://nutmegstategames.org/individual-sports/pickleball/
- Nutmeg Fall Classic
- October 3rd & 4th
- Lyme Shores Tennis & Fitness Center
- Attendance Approximation: 350+ Participants.
- Webpage: https://csmg.org/our-events/nutmeg-fall-classic-pickleball
How Your Support is Mutually Beneficial:
MORE THAN JUST A GAME: Personal Development, Sportsmanship, Physical Fitness, Teamwork, Volunteerism.
Your sponsorship support will ensure that we provide our participants with a tremendous experience that will leave lasting memories, increase the opportunities and growth of Pickleball, while educating attendees about your company through pertinent email marketing campaigns, web based ads and onsite engagement. Your organization has the opportunity to gain substantial visibility by becoming a part of our "Family of Sponsors".
Who: The Connecticut Masters’ Games is a 501(c)(3) Not-For-Profit organization dedicated to providing a forum that initiates and encourages camaraderie between different ages, socioeconomic and cultural groups through athletic competition and the Olympic spirit. The event assists in the development of physical fitness and promotes positive healthy activities for the participants, their families and the communities where they live.
What: The Connecticut Masters’ Games (formerly known as the Connecticut Senior Games) are the largest amateur multi sport Olympic-style sporting event in Connecticut for master athletes. We are now celebrating our 39th year of uniting Connecticut’s residents in the common bond of amateur sport and Olympic spirit. This event is a member in good standing of the National Senior Games Association.
Where: The “Games” will be hosted by the City of New Britain in 2020. Competitions will also take place around the state of Connecticut at top college, high school and municipal venues.
Participants: More than 1,500 participants, 300 volunteers and over 2,500 spectators will take part in the 2020 Connecticut Masters’ Games. Participants range from 30 to 90+. Since the inception of the CT Masters' Games in 1979, more than 45,000 amateur master athletes have participated in the “Games”.
MISSION OF THE "GAMES”
- To promote better overall health and fitness among citizens.
- To recognize & reward Connecticut Master and Senior residents who have chosen to participate in the healthy, wholesome activities that reflect positively on them, their families and respective communities.
- To provide a unique forum which embodies the Olympic spirit of competition.
- To inspire the development of physical and competitive abilities by Connecticut amateur master athletes.