Slow Pitch Softball Tournament
- Men's Tournament Dates - June 16th, 17th, 18th, & 19th - The Schedule is Now Posted. Please see the schedule section on the right hand side of the webpage.
- Women's Tournament Date - Sat., May 5th
- Entry Fee: $450.00 per Team.
- Men's Softball Tournament - June 16th, 17th, 18th, and 19th
- 40+,50+, 55+, 60+ play on June 16th and 17th
- 65+, 70+, 75+ play on June 18th, and 19th
- Team List
- 50+- CavelloSanitation(Major), Hard Hat Cafe/ Latallas/ Vios (Major), Johnys Auto & Truck(Major) RDD/ Chicago Sams(AAA), Providence Auto ( Major Plus) BrenCo(AAA),Roebell Painters/Paradise Painting(Major) Je Mar (AAA)
- 60+- LI Jaguars 60+ (AAA), Bay State Bombers (Major), Mikes Blue Collar(AAA), Cape Cod Mariners (AAA), LI Jaguars 65+ (AAA), Deep Purple (Major), Diamond Dawgs (AA), Syracuse Cyclones (AA) Vernon (AAA Ex)
- 65+ Talaga Construction (AAA),Syracuse Cyclones 65 (AA)
- 70+- Vios/Socrates Sports(AAA), Socrates CT
- Women's Softball Tournament - Saturday. May 5th ( Rain Date Sunday May 6th)
- Location: Sage Park, Berlin
- Team list
- 50+Twisted Fossils,NJ Team, CT Crush, CT Thunder,CT Silver Storm
- 60+- Nor'easters, CT Relics
Please visit your SSUSA team portal between now and Thursday afternoon. If your roster does not look correct, immediately call SSUSA to resolve the issue. Because of the time difference, we may not be able to approve players on the morning of the tournament.
SSUSA office- 916-326-5303.
Everyone must check-in with tournament staff prior to taking the field. The check in area is located near Field 1 at each park. You'll need your SSUSA ID card and / or a gov't issued photo ID. Checking in as a team makes the process go much more efficient, so please help us out.
Once checked in, the staff will give the manager 6 game balls to use during the tournament. Teams are responsible for chasing their own foul balls and home run balls. Additional balls will be available for purchase at a cost of $5 each.
Tournament staff will have official game cards near the backstop of each field. Like any other SSUSA event, you must fill this form out prior to the start of the game. Include your starting lineup and any potential substitutes (Last name, first initial and jersey #) . If not listed on the game card before the first pitch, the player is not eligible to participate in that game. At the conclusion of each game, managers must verify the final score and sign the game card. These cards will be used for seeding purposes.
Game schedules have been sent to all managers. Teams should be present and ready to play 30 minutes prior to scheduled start time. Changes (if any) will be posted at the main bracket board, near Field 1.
CT Masters Games staff will operate a concession stand at each park. If leaving the park, please confirm with the SSUSA site director. That gives him one additional opportunity to communicate any changes.
The weather forecast looks pretty good for the weekend. That said, we want to make sure that everyone understands the weather policy.
All play / no play decisions are made at the park- at game time. We will not cancel games based on forecast. Phone calls will be made to managers only if there is a delay of 2+ hours. If you do not hear from the tournament staff, your team should be at the park.
- Field #1 has a permanent fence
- Field #2 will have temporary fence installed for the CT Masters' Games Tournament
- Field #1 has lights
- No restrictions on food and drinks in park
- Both fields have permanent fences
- Field #1 has lights
- No restrictions on food or drinks in park
- All five fields have lights
- All five fields have permanent fences
- Only water will be permitted into park
- Men's 65, 70, and 75 age groups will play at the CT Sports Complex
***NEW CT Masters' Games Age Groups (non-qualifying for the National Senior Games)
- 30-39, 40-49
Age Groups (qualifying age divisions for the National Senior Games)
- 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80-84, 85-89, 90+
- Age division for all team competition will be determined by the age of the youngest team player as of December 31, 2018. For example, a team consisting of eight players ages 65 or older and one player age 63 will compete in the 60+ age division
Skill Levels/ Divisions
- Platinum- Major Plus/ Major
- Gold- AAA/ AA
- Silver- AAA/ AA
- Gold- Major/ AAA
- Silver- AAA/ AA
- Women's Tournament (All Age Groups) - Saturday, May 5th - Sage Park, Berlin
Men's 40+ Division - June 16th - Chesley Park, New Britan
Men's 40+ Division - June 17th - Sage Park, Berlin
- Men's 50+ Division - June 16th and 17th - Sage Park, Berlin
- Men's 55+ Division - June 16th and 17th - Sage Park, Berlin
- Men's 60+ Division - June 16th and 17th - Smith Field, Middletown
- Men's 65+ Division - June 18th and 19th - CT Sportsplex
- Men's 70+ Division - June 18th and 19th - CT Sportsplex
- Men's 75+ Division - June 18th and 19th - CT Sportsplex
- The Men's Tournament will be conducted in accordance with Senior Softball-USA(SSUSA) rules, except as modified herein.
- The Women;s Tournament will be condicted in accordance with USA Softball rules, except as modified herein.
- Age groups may be combined to provide opportunity for play.
- Awards will be presented for 1st through 3rd place for each division within each age group.
- Team rosters shall be limited to 22 persons, including non-playing coaches, non-playing captains and non-playing personnel. No more than 20 of these persons may be players.
The CT Masters' Games / SSUSA Tournament will be a qualifier for the following tournaments:
- 2018 Eastern National Championship - Valdosta, GA - 7/31/18-8/5/18
- 2018 LVSSA-SSUSA World Masters - Las Vegas, NV - 9/20/18-10/7/18
- 2019 National Senior Games - Albuquerque, NM
- All teams who compete in the tournament will automatically qualify for the Eastern National Championship and LVSSA-SSUSA World Masters.
Looking to join a team or find a doubles or mixed doubles partner? Click here to find a partner today!
- The Partner Finder page allows you to create an online profile to assist you in finding a team and allows you to view players looking for team.
- We ask all participants to use the Partner Finder page when looking for a player.
- Questions – please contact us at (860) 788 7041 or Ben@ctmastersgames.org
Who: The Connecticut Masters’ Games is a 501(c) 3 Not-For-Profit organization dedicated to providing a forum that initiates and encourages camaraderie between different ages, socioeconomic and cultural groups through athletic competition and the Olympic spirit. The event assists in the development of physical fitness and promotes positive healthy activities for the participants, their families and the communities where they live.
What: The Connecticut Masters’ Games (formerly known as the Connecticut Senior Games) are the largest amateur multi sport Olympic-style sporting event in Connecticut for master athletes. We are now celebrating our 39th year of uniting Connecticut’s residents in the common bond of amateur sport and Olympic spirit. This event is a member in good standing of the National Senior Games Association.
Where: The “Games” will be hosted by the City of New Britain in 2018. Competitions will also take place around the state of Connecticut at top college, high school and municipal venues.
Participants: More than 1,500 participants, 300 volunteers and over 2,500 spectators will take part in the 2017 Connecticut Masters’ Games. Participants range from 30 to 90+. Since the inception of the CT Masters' Games in 1979, more than 45,000 amateur master athletes have participated in the “Games”.
MISSION OF THE "GAMES”
- To promote better overall health and fitness among citizens.
- To recognize & reward Connecticut Master and Senior residents who have chosen to participate in the healthy, wholesome activities that reflect positively on them, their families and respective communities.
- To provide a unique forum which embodies the Olympic spirit of competition.
- To inspire the development of physical and competitive abilities by Connecticut amateur master athletes.