3-on-3 Basketball Tournament
- The 3-on-3 Mens Basketball Tournament will be held on Saturday, May 18th
- The 3-on-3 Womens Basketball Tournament will be held on Sunday, May 19th
- Entry Fee: $175.00 per team
- Location: New Britain High School - 4 Courts
- Women's Basketball Tournament - Committed Teams:
- Men's Basketball Tournament - Committed Teams:
***NEW CT Masters' Games Age Groups (non-qualifying for the National Senior Games)
- 30-39, 40-49
Age Groups (qualifying age divisions for the National Senior Games)
- 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80-84, 85-89, 90+
- Age divisions for all team competition will be determined by the age of the youngest team player as of December 31, 2019.
- For example, a team consisting of eight players ages 65 or older and one player age 63 will compete in the 60-64 age division.
- The tournament will be conducted in accordance with National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) rules, except as modified herein.
Play may be round robin for with a minimum guarantee of three games. .
Age groups may be combined to provide opportunity for play.
Awards will be presented for 1st through 3rd place for each division within each age group.
Team rosters shall be limited to 10 persons, including non-playing coaches and non-playing captains and non-playing bench personnel.
In efforts to continue increasing our participation, we are offering the “Bring a Buddy” Program. The “Bring a Buddy” Program allows current athletes to bring a "buddy" at half of entrance fee. A “buddy” is a person who has not competed in the CT Masters’ Games in the last three years. (2016-2018). We’re not only meeting our aforementioned goal, but it also made the "Games" more affordable for all athletes. The Buddy Program does not apply to Cycling and Softball due to associated costs. See below for details.
“Bring a Buddy”: Any athlete who registers for a sport will save money e.g:
- Athlete #1 Badminton Fee $35.00
- “Buddy” Badminton Fee $17.50 (1/2 the price)
- Total $52.50
- Each participant pays $26.25
- Please Note - The Buddy Program does not apply to Cycling due to associated costs.
- Team #1 Basketball Fee $175.00
- “Buddy” Team Fee $87.50 (1/2 the price)
- Total $262.50
- Each TEAM pays $131.25
- Please Note - the Buddy Program does not apply to Softball Teams due to associated costs and the co-sponsored tournament with SSUSA.
In order to qualify as a “Buddy” athlete, the “Buddy” cannot have participated in the Connecticut Masters' Games in 2016, 2017, and 2018.
- The “Buddy” program applies only to like sport registrations (Individual or Team) e.g. a Badminton individual sport athlete may not bring a volleyball team as his/her ”Buddy”
- The "Buddy" program does NOT apply to Cycling, or Softball because of the associated costs to run the events!
- The Partner Finder page allows you to create an online profile to assist you in finding a team and allows you to view players looking for team.
- We ask all participants to use the Partner Finder page when looking for a player.
- Questions – please contact us at (860) 788-7041 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Who: The Connecticut Masters’ Games is a 501(c)(3) Not-For-Profit organization dedicated to providing a forum that initiates and encourages camaraderie between different ages, socioeconomic and cultural groups through athletic competition and the Olympic spirit. The event assists in the development of physical fitness and promotes positive healthy activities for the participants, their families and the communities where they live.
What: The Connecticut Masters’ Games (formerly known as the Connecticut Senior Games) are the largest amateur multi sport Olympic-style sporting event in Connecticut for master athletes. We are now celebrating our 38th year of uniting Connecticut’s residents in the common bond of amateur sport and Olympic spirit. This event is a member in good standing of the National Senior Games Association.
Where: The “Games” will be hosted by the City of New Britain in 2019. Competitions will also take place around the state of Connecticut at top college, high school and municipal venues.
Participants: More than 1,500 participants, 300 volunteers and over 2,500 spectators will take part in the 2019 Connecticut Masters’ Games. Participants range from 30 to 90+. Since the inception of the CT Masters' Games in 1979, more than 45,000 amateur master athletes have participated in the “Games”.
MISSION OF THE "GAMES”
- To promote better overall health and fitness among citizens.
- To recognize & reward Connecticut Master and Senior residents who have chosen to participate in the healthy, wholesome activities that reflect positively on them, their families and respective communities.
- To provide a unique forum which embodies the Olympic spirit of competition.
- To inspire the development of physical and competitive abilities by Connecticut amateur master athletes.